Welcome to my website. I am a Canadian writer and blogger, and a former Member of Parliament. This site reflects my interests in politics, social justice, rhetoric and books. You will see on the sidebar that I write two Blogs which I invite you to follow. I have written or edited eight Books, which I would be delighted to have you read. Some of my Journalism is posted on the site as well.
Please check out my What’s New, What’s Popular sections below to see what I am following and writing. You can also try my Quotable Quotes Quiz. I refresh this page regularly. If you would like to receive an email when I do, please Contact Me and I will add you to the list.
* Great Canadian Speeches: Finance minister Paul Martin delivered his hell-or-high water, deficit-slaying budget in February 1995.
* New York Times: How Climate Migration Will Reshape America.
* John Turner-Mulroney Free Trade Debate: Former PM John Turner has died. Here is an edited version of his epic debate with Brian Mulroney in the 1988 election over free trade with the US:
* Diary of 30-day hike on the Camino de Santiago.
Quotable Quotes Quiz:
* Who said this during a Canadian election campaign in 1891: : “[Unrestricted reciprocity] would, in my opinion, result in the annexation of this Dominion to the United states?” / Wilfrid Laurier/ John A. Macdonald/ Goldwin Smith./ (Click on link for the answer).