Welcome to my site
I am a Canadian writer and blogger, and a former Member of Parliament. This site reflects my interests in politics, social justice, rhetoric and books. You will see on the sidebar that I write two Blogs which I invite you to follow. I have written or edited eight Books, which I would be delighted to have you read. Some of my Journalism is posted on the site as well.
Please check out my What’s New, What’s Popular sections below to see what I am following and writing. You can also follow my Quotable Quotes. I refresh this page regularly. If you would like to receive an email when I do, please Contact Me and I will add you to the list.
* An historic UN Nuclear Ban Treaty will come into force on Friday, January 22, 2021. Canada has not signed it and many MPs apear to be either hostile or uninformed. More information from PEACEQUEST.
* Pushback on Japanese internment: In 1945, a young Japanese Canadian named Muriel Kitagawa spoke out courageously against the internment of thousands of Japanese Canadians, including her own family.
* Global TV News: The public face of the pandemic: Canadian doctors who have become medical celebrities.
* Martin Luther King Day was observed on Monday, January 18. It’s a time to honor the human rights activist and church minister who was assassinated in 1968. Here is a piece about his famous “I Have a Dream” speech:
* “This is the sum of duty: do not do to others what would cause pain if done to you” – Hinduism, Mahabharata.