Welcome to my website. I am a Canadian writer and blogger, and a former Member of Parliament. This site reflects my interests in politics, social justice, rhetoric and books. You will see on the sidebar that I write two Blogs which I invite you to follow. I have written or edited eight Books, which I would be delighted to have you read. Some of my Journalism is posted on the site as well.
Please check out my What’s New, What’s Popular sections below to see what I am following and writing. You can also try my Quotable Quotes Quiz. I refresh this page regularly. If you would like to receive an email when I do, please Contact Me and I will add you to the list.
* Great Canadian Speeches: In September 2001, Prime Minister Jean Chretien spoke in response to the terrorist attacks upon the World Trade Center in New York.
* Award winning Indigenous journalist Christopher Curtis: Why I am quitting Postmedia to test a new model of journalism.
* Speeches That Changed Canada: This book takes speeches by 11 of Canada’s greatest political orators, places them in context and analyzes what rhetorical devices used to win over audiences.
* Diary of 30-day hike on the Camino de Santiago.
Quotable Quotes Quiz:
* Which Governor-General’s spouse talked about “A golden link uniting women in bonds of sisterhood”? Lady Ishbel Aberdeen / Libby Schreyer / Madame Pauline Vanier / (Click on link for the answer).